Monday, September 15, 2008

Dubbs Lane B-Day Show 1 of 3 Fish Head Cantina 9-14-08

What’s going on 3F1's,

Last night (9-14) I did the 1st of my 3 B-Day shows!! The good guys at MC Entertainment decided to throw a B-Day Show at the Fish Head Cantina. It was good times to say the least. The night started included kick-@ss performances by Jade Fox, Saureel, Mic Cannibals, J-Reed, PEP and of course Dubbs Lane.

Jade Fox started off the event with a bangin 20 min set. I like her as a femcee. She can captivate an audience with good lyrics. This girl doesn't try to be one of the "guys" She just recites good lyrics. Her guitarist and her hype man assisted her. Who surprised the crowd with a freestyle to end her set.

Up next was a phenomenal kid by the name of Saureel. This kid is a monster talent. He preformed songs last that got the crowd hyped as he ripped 30 minutes of sheer high energy right in your face Hip Hop. My favorite song of Saureel's set, as well as the crowd, was the unapologetic "Call Me After Nine" I think the title speaks for itself but, for all of you who don't get it...CALL ME AFTER NINE!!!

After a brief intermission.... ( The DJ needed a drink from the Bar) DJ King Illah gave a special PSA announcement....."We hate Rap and Roll Artists" (see Rap and Roll Artist blog for definition)

Now it was time for the man of the hour. Dubbs Lane. After a beautiful introduction from HD of MC Entertainment, it was my turn to do my thang. I ripped into a "Freestyle" to get the crowd hyped up anticipating my 40-minute set. After that I went into crowd favorites "I Dig It", and "Like Yo". I perform new joints off my upcoming project Welcome To Myspace Vol2, which included "Ah Stick Em", “Thoughts Lyrics and Music” “MLK to 110th”, and “For The Love”. The climax of my set is when I jumped into after “For The Love”. "How U Want". That is when Fish Head Cantina erupted. During the performance 15 members of the audiences jumped on the stage with me to help me sing an underground favorite. I jumped off in the crowd to rap to the audience on stage. It was clearly a highlight of my underground career. To have people there for my b-day show signing my songs with me was truly a blessing and a memory to cherish forever. I ended my 40 minutes with “Understand”. I tell you I had to loose about 5 pounds sweating on that stage. Stage light is so damn hot!!!!!! But I would gladly risk heat exhaustion again for a chance relive that night.

Mic Cannibals jumped on the stage after my performance and did what they do best....Eat mics the fux up!!! I mean with a name like Mic Cannibals, would you expect anything else? This night they pulled out of all the tricks. They brought on the stage an artist by the name of DANK....( His initial spell DANK..) I learned something by watching Dank's performance with Mic Cannibals....You really can't understand an artist lyrics when he is slurring because he is drunk. Dank might have slurred his words doing his featured songs, but his swagger along with ability to keep on beat made it a funny performance none the less. HD and A6 of the MC, continued to bring the heat with new unheard of tracks off the up coming projects. I can tell you one thing there wasn't a head bobbing through of the whole Mic Cannibals set.

Next up on the bill were Underground Tested and Underground Respected J-Reed. This guy is a talent I can truly appreciate. He is the type of artist who appreciates Hip Hop but doesn't harp on the direction the genre is heading in. He just continues to make good music, and perform stellar set; last night was no different. J-Reed's 30-minute set kept the crowd energy level going with his performance. His stage presence along with his witty delivery makes a great combination for a good performance.




All in all it was a good night for hip-hop....but it was a better night for me!!! lol. After J-Reed's set... I was SMASHED MAN SMASHED!!! It was a night to remember. Great venue, great performance, and great drinks!!!!! Next stop of by weeklong birthday celebration Tay-Land Promotion Presents Hip Hop @ Taste International 9-17-08!!!!!!


It's Fresh Air!!!

No comments: